Photo

New 127 mm Triplet ED Imaging Apo from APM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:59 AM

The 127 mm F/7.5 air spacest triplet ED-Apo's entering the market more and more and find many happy homes.

Till now all such telescopes has been available only as modells with 2" Focusers.

APM introduced at NEAF 2009 the new 2.5" Fieldflattner , in consequenz we modifiy now the 127 mm Triplet ED Apos here in germany and adding a 3" Focuser at its end to be able to offer you also the big flattner for covering larger Chips up to STL 11000

We carefully inspect and test each telescope, that we can guarantee to you that you get first class polished and centered optics.

delivery including
- 127 mm triplet ED Apo, fully multicoated includet Zygo interf. Testreport at 632,8 nm
- 3" Steeltrack Focuser with 1:10 finefocuse and 360° cameraangle adjuster rotation
- 2" dielectric coated stardiagonal with 99% reflection
- illuminated 8 x 50 finder
- set of tube rings with Vixen like dovetail and transporting andle
- alu transport case
- 1.25" widefield eyepieces 10 mm and 20 mm 70°
- removable dew shield

127/952mm Triplet APO - TS-edition with 3" focuser

Because of the color reduced optics you can observe the Moon and Planets very sharp and take cool pictures. Even Nebulaes and Galaxies are nice pictures worth, because the very good corrected lenses gives you nice star images. You can even use large format cameras, because of the new modified light baffles.

3" Crayford focuser with 1:11 reduction, a APM special edition

Usually this Apo will be sold with an 2" focuser which is good for visuell observing and imaging with smaller fields, Especially for Astrophotography you need good mechanically strength and field of view, so here we have a very good 3" focusing system. Nearly all big Apo´s will be sold with larger focusers, there is a good reason.

This big 3" Crayford has many advantages over a smaller one.

-better field of view - 76mm free opening
-use of large format CCD-chips
-exact movement without toggling
-up to 4kg without problems

A big advantage of this scope is the direct adaption of the 2,5" flattner for perfect star images within the used 60mm visible field. Also you can use the 2.5" off-axis guider. Only with this big focuser this Apo is a universal photo machine.

Our Prices :

- Optical tube as described US $ 2,290
- 2.5" Fieldflattner US $ 370

The prices are from stock of our new APM America company in New Jersey

thank you for your orders

Markus Ludes

Attached Files

#2 Al Miller

Al Miller

Apollo

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

GREAT! Where's the site for ordering?

#3 Moggi1964

Moggi1964

Vendor - Astro Laugh

• Vendors

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

Right here Al:

Link

#4 Benjamin B

Benjamin B

Apollo

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

Very interesting!

#5 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:44 AM

This triplet ED Apo is now readily available from APM, so you are welcome to send in your check for your order

clear skies

Markus Ludes

#6 Tapio

Tapio

Apollo

• -----

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:04 AM

I guess this has FCD1 glass ?

#7 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

At Chinese Manufacturs Guess does not say much.

For me as Reseller , the final qualirty at the eyepiece is important, nothing else, no matter what super duper glas you use, with any type of glas you can make great but also junk lenses

right ?

thanks
Markus

#8 BCB

BCB

Undercover Saboteur

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

Yes, the image quality IS paramount.

But what also matters to people, is the quality of the components used in a given scope, to determine the perceived value vs given price.

Unfortunately, for some people glass type used to make the lenses matters.. You know, the FPL51 vs FPL53 thing. It makes ALL the world of difference on PAPER.. ;)

What I DO I find surprising is that as a reseller, you don't know what exactly your selling??? :confused: :shrug: You can name any aspect of any of the TMB designed lenses/parts source on APM scopes you sell with no problem or quibble.

#9 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:27 AM

Mark

I give away a information, if I know 100% its true. I do not guess.
I buy this scopes from European Importer , not from the manufacturer.

Also a very good melted FPL51 is superior over a cheap crapy melted FPL53 with striaes and other homogenety problems. The name of the glas does not say something about the quality of the glas and not about the result.
The quality of the glas, the partner glas, the design and the making is the key to success.

By the prices we see on the asian apos, its clear to me, that the cheapest possible melt is bought and such can often have biggest problems, resulting in way worser image then under perfect situation.

So , you can blame me that I do not know what glas is build in the Meade , but in same way you need to blame all others that they do not know what glas quality here given FPL have

But you cannot blame me that I do not know what I am selling, ....I test what I sell, so I know excactly what you get ... and thats for myself 100 times more important

thanks
Markus

#10 BCB

BCB

Undercover Saboteur

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

Well said Marcus.. And I understand exactly what you mean. Quality being paramount..

By the same token, how can you suggest, on a price point basis alone, that the glass melts used in the Asian APO's are the cheapest (crappiest) possible, which you THEN equate to having the biggest problems. Which then results, so you say, in way worse image quality. Mighty harsh statement there. And a BIG brush your painting with.

You still haven't said what glass is in the 127.. Sidestepping again with technicalities.. :) Now that you've mentioned it, you actually test EVERY 127 that goes through your store, US, AND overseas PERSONALLY???

Just because you test them, doesn't mean you know what's in them. Just means you know what the image quality is for a given 127, which can vary from sample to sample.. Splitting hairs TBH.. :)

I'm NOT saying your LZOS items are suspect at ALL.. Everyone KNOWS what they get with LZOS. It's just that this particular 127 has floated around in SO many different "flavors" it makes people wonder what's changed, or the same, from brand to brand..

#11 APM M.Ludes

APM M.Ludes

Vendor (APM Telescopes)

• Restricted Vendors

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:03 AM

Mark,

we build apos, I know the cost of glas in diffrent quality. I know the trouble and possible problems if you buy the cheapest melt . If the highest quality melt, as many claims they using cost for rwa material the same or more as the retail price of the product, then I know what kind of quality is used in a given product.
No I do not know what glas they use, but I can guess that they use the Chinese ED , because FPL51 would not fit into the price point Importers have to pay to Jinghua

No I do not know whats in them, but I know the quality I ship and thats enough for me. If not enough for you, than you must find somebody who can tell you and who do really tell you whats in them. Still you have to trust them, because they will not supply you documents who proove here words :-)

so to shut you down, I could lier you now and say this or that is in them , but I have no reason to do so

thanks
Markus

#12 dougspeterson

dougspeterson

Apollo

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Explore Scientific is selling apparently the same Kunming-sourced scope, and they identify the glass as:

"Air-Spaced Triplet ED Apochromatic Refractor with HOYA® Dense Fluor Crown, FCD1 ED Glass"

... which is the Japanese Hoya equivalent of Ohara FPL-51 and the German Schott FK-51.

Mine (with the Astronomy Technologies label) has very good color correction for the money and is overall a steal. It is half the price of an FPL-53 equipped OTA. I haven't seen the bigger focuser on the TS version.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics