CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Pushing an EM 200 to the limit...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Full Sun

Full Sun

Mariner 2

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:56 PM

Essentially my question is -can a Tak EM200 support a Tak TOA 150 for visual? I realize it is not a package offering from TNR, however I have the Tak pier supporting an EM 200 currently supporting a TMB 152 CNC II tube in an observatory with good results. I believe the TOA without the 10 lb counterweight installed might just be 3 lbs (??) more than my very nice TMB but would this push things a little too far? Inquiring, impulsive minds would like to know what others here think about such a combination. The reason I am asking is it just will not be worth the trouble if I have to replace the mount as well. Again, I am very pleased with the TMB so you either way you won't dissapoint me.
----
TSA 102
TMB 152
Spooner 8F7
Mag One 12.5

#2 Tim Porreca

Tim Porreca

Explorer 1

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

I have a TOA-130 on mine and used to have a TOA-150, although I had a AP900 at the time. I cannot imagine it wouldn't work for visual.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics