• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff55

Jeff55

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Boston MA

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

Just got an e-mail from Telescopes.com...they are offering a $100 discount + free shipping + 3month interest free payment plan. Clark the rep at Telescopes.com claims all orders are now being drop shipped from the factory and they expect deliveries in about three weeks. I'm giving them a second chance as this offer is too good to ignore.

#2 Lord Beowulf

Lord Beowulf

Apollo

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

Jeff,

Thanks for the positive news!

Beo

#3 chollman

chollman

Mariner 2

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

I got the same email after flaming them yesterday. I made another order with another company in the meantime. Over 100.00 more however. I am torn now. What should I do?? I have two mounts coming unless I cancel one of them. This is a saga. Charlie

#4 Jeff55

Jeff55

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

Charlie;
I was told that delivery would "probably" not be until the end of the month which is perfect for me. They appeared appropriately apologetic and the total offer including 3 months interest free to pay seemed too good to not give them a second try...I'll keep the group informed.

#5 chollman

chollman

Mariner 2

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:14 PM

I guess I should apologize for my comments yesterday about Telescopes.com. Apparently a computer mix-up cancelled our orders. :question:

#6 Lord Beowulf

Lord Beowulf

Apollo

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

They may have meant to send out the same notice I had received previously on mine, which was a "It's going to take longer; do you want to wait, cancel, or buy something else?" but it may have been as simple as accidentally hitting the wrong button when they sent the update. All of those type of messages are standardized and whoever set up the update might have just goofed. Glad to hear they're working it out though. They've always bent over backwards for me any time I've had the slightest problem, and it's never been something that was their fault.

Beo

#7 hfjacinto

hfjacinto

I think he's got it!

• Loc: Land of clouds and LP

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

Like I posted before the other forum got locked, telescopes.com has always done me right. They are a great company to deal with. I always recommend them.

#8 Jeff55

Jeff55

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

That makes me feel more confident that this time they will deliver. Their pricing on the CGEM is by far the best I could find. I've got my fingers crossed.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics