CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

OTA Struck ASGT CG5 triod

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wave Vector

Wave Vector

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:57 PM

I will check the manual but somewhere I recall limits can be set so the OTA doesn't hit the tripod especially near when pointing towards the zenith. I was using an 8 inch f/5 when the event occurred Frantically tried to stop the scope luckily the sono tube gave a little and allowed the scope through. Does anyone know or recommend limits?

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

I will check the manual but somewhere I recall limits can be set so the OTA doesn't hit the tripod especially near when pointing towards the zenith. I was using an 8 inch f/5 when the event occurred Frantically tried to stop the scope luckily the sono tube gave a little and allowed the scope through. Does anyone know or recommend limits?

Yes, you can set 'em and they will work. BTW, remember, you can immediately stop a slew in progress by hitting one of the direction keys.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics