CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Pythagoras and Babbage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Uwe Pilz

Uwe Pilz

Apollo

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

This evening I looked for a formation beeing in a good libration. Pythagoras was and the light there was optimal. I sketched it and outlined the nearby Babbage with my 12 cm f/8 refractor @ 100. This small instrument was sufficient beacause of the not so steady air and the low moon.

Attached Files

#2 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

Uwe,

That is an excellent, detailed sketch of the crater pair near the limb. I really like the the shadows on the ramparts. :bow: :rainbow:

Frank :)

#3 CarlosEH

CarlosEH

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Uwe,

An excellent observation of Pythagoras and Babbage along the lunar limb. The ramparts and shadows are well rendered as Frank points out. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

Carlos

#4 cildarith

cildarith

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

Nicely done, Uwe! :bow:

#5 kraterkid

kraterkid

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Uwe,

This is an excellent sketch of Pythagorus and Babbage. The glacis and wall detail you've captured is wonderful, and I love the way you rendered the two horned central peak and shadow. Superb! :waytogo:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics