Photo

New CGEM on the delivery truck

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 chollman

chollman

Mariner 2

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

First setup with CGEM. 95 second exposure M3. Light polluted backyard. Scope was not at optimum balance. Looks promising. This will improve as I get used to setup. Charlie

Attached Files

#27 GeorgeNC

GeorgeNC

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Land of the Sky, North Carolina

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

UPS called yesterday - will deliver between 8:00am and 7:00pm. Someone has to sign for it. UPS usually delivers here late in the afternoon. Had a brief doctor's appointment at 2:00 pm. Not gone over an hour - UPS note stuck on the side glass - attempted delivery!! Will try again tomorrow. Clear skies tonight! Iffy for tomorrow night.

#28 Jeff55

Jeff55

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Boston MA

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

Telescope.com came through...mine is being shipped...took less than a week. Was lucky enough to find a New Jersey dealer with an extra 14 pound counterweight for sale so I'm ready to go and can't wait. Looks like lots of mounts are in the pipeline now so wait times appear almost nil. Good luck to everyone who has one in transit!

#29 birdleggs

birdleggs

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

Mine should have shipped to my dealer from Celestron yesterday! :jump: I should be able to pick it up at the end of the week. I will be replacing an ASGT using a C8 for imaging, and an ST80 to guide with. I could consistantly get guide times of 4~5 minutes with my old mount, and when the gods smiled on me, in the right part of the sky I could get 10 minutes (not very often). I am hoping to be able to guide for 10+ minutes consistantly with this new mount. Does anyone have a link to some longer exposure shots taken using this mount?

Mike.

#30 PhilCo126

PhilCo126

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: coastline of Belgium

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:42 AM

I enjoy using the CGEM, tri-star align works perfect ;)
Don't forget there's a CGEM Yahoo group and yes there're some pictures of the hardware over there...

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics