CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My AT Voyager w/ "Manny Myles" Mods!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#51 Phil Frederick

Phil Frederick

Apollo

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

Nice mod KW!

It's now looking a lot more like the Tak Teegul/Lapides which eliminated the original long arm similar to the Voyager and made a major improvement in stability.

As far as reaching the zenith, what if you redesigned the bracket to make it stiffer and angled it back (45+ degrees?) to move the alt axis further from the mount but not a far as the Voyager arm. Perhaps with a mount extension this may solve the alt problem yet still keep the COG more directly over the mount. just a thought! :D
Nice job!

Phil

#52 Manny Myles

Manny Myles

Cosmos

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:17 AM

I made a set of brackets that turned my Voyager into a VoyagEQ, did not work all that well in declination if this is what you are refering to Phil.
In Acesnion it was great but took a while to slo mo it back to a start postion to track the item again or another object, due to it not really working that great I kinda gave up on the project but saved the brackets to mess with another day.
m2

Attached Files

#53 Manny Myles

Manny Myles

Cosmos

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:18 AM

Another view

Attached Files

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics