Advice for a Sketch Tonight May 9th 2009

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

• Loc: Utah

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:42 AM

Okay, this will sound corney and I do have something really nice planned for my wife for mother's day, but I had another idea come to me. Besides brunch tomorrow and a day at the spa, I had pictures taken of me and our two kids as a gift. Instead of "buying" a star, I thought I would observe a double tonight where I can see not only the double, but two other smaller stars in the field of view making four stars in total. The double will represent my wife and I and the two smaller stars our two teenage children. I would then put the digital version in the bottom of the frame I bought this a.m. with the one of the two tweens and I in the top part of the frame.

So, that is my idea and I am looking for suggestions on what double might be the best? I have a couple in mind but would really like input from those who may have more experience. And contrast is good as my wife and I are very different though we have much in common. I just feel gifts like this that come from creativity and from something I love to her in love are the best. So your input is welcome.

#2 Jeremy Perez

Jeremy Perez

Vanguard

• Loc: Flagstaff, Arizona, USA

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

Hi Jay, Xi Scorpii might be a nice one. It's a double-double on the north side of Scorpius with great contrast in the main pair.

#3 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

• Loc: Utah

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

Jeremy,

I'll check it out, thanks!

#4 Jeremy Perez

Jeremy Perez

Vanguard

• Loc: Flagstaff, Arizona, USA

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

Heh...I wasn't considering that the nearly full moon would be sitting almost on top of it tonight...

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics