Photo

Get your SightSaver for Cherry Springs Star Party!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BillBrowning

BillBrowning

Vendor - Astrosightsaver

• Vendors
  • Loc: New York NY

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:04 AM

Go to www.Astrosightsaver.com to get your SightSaver in time for the Cherry Springs Star Party. Don't be "THAT" observer counting on your charting programs red screen mode to save yours and everyone elses dark adapted vision! Visit www.astrosightsaver.com to get your SIghtSaver and keep everybody happy! Clear Skies!!!

Attached Files

#2 Scott K

Scott K

Non-standard Title

• -----
  • Loc: Dallas, TX & Eufaula, OK

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:00 AM

I finally had a chance to use the SightSaver Bill made for me last week. I think the screen is extremely well made - no light escaped from the sides of my LCD monitor, and I found that the SightSaver reduced the glare from my monitor significantly. The plexiglass used is thick and seems pretty indestructible.

Previously, when observing in my observatory dome, I found the glare from my monitor to be extremely distracting. Even with the monitor turned down quite low, turned away from the scope, and with a red screen mode set, it was still just too bright - I typically waited a minute for the blank screen saver to kick in.

With the SightSaver in place, I just left the monitor at a fairly bright setting, and wasn't bothered by it at all. Best of all, when I looked away from the monitor, I didn't feel blinded.

This is a great product in my opinion and well worth the price!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics