Photo

HELP! Manual for old Skysensor 2 needed. please!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 John Kemp

John Kemp

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Kent, UK

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:13 AM

I have just acquired an SP mount with an ancient Vixen Skysensor 2 handset and drives. I have ascertained that it is a primitive goto that slews slowly and has the Millennium Bug that nowadays locks out usage for solar system objects. But I would like to get it working: it is obscure and impossible to use without the manual. Can anyone please help, either with a scanned pdf - I will pay $10 for your trouble, or snail-mail it to me (I'm in UK) and I'll return it + $10 + postage cost when I've scanned it, please? Many thanks, John Kemp

#2 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: SW Florida

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:34 AM

John, can you provide a picture of your handset? I have an old skysensor for SP, just not sure if it matches what you have, as I don't recall the 2 enumeration.
I have the manuals.
Brian

#3 John Kemp

John Kemp

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:31 AM

Many thanks, Brian, for your interest. I'll try and attach a photo - first time I've done this on this forum! Best wishes, John

Attached Files

#4 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

This looks similar to my unit, I will see about getting the stuff scanned.
Brian

#5 John Kemp

John Kemp

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:11 AM

That's WONDERFUL NEWS Brian - many thanks - if you have to have it scanned commercially of course I'll add that cost to the $10 I've offered you. I hate seeing anything wasted, and this seems to be perfectly usable kit (without pushing any buttons it tracks in RA ok)! Best wishes, John :jump:

#6 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:44 PM

John, I found where I used to see the manual online, Chris Erickson's site data-plumber.com, but he took his archive offline. I sent him an email asking if he had the file available anywhere online. I will see if he responds. If not, I will scan it. (I have scanner at home and at work, so not too hard to do.)
Brian

#7 John Kemp

John Kemp

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

Brian - Thanks again. I look forward to receiving the scans from wherever. I've looked at Chris Erickson's very useful site in the past for something obscure - I forget what. Maybe when you've got the scans, one of us should restore them online somewhere? Or offer them to Vixen North America? As you may know, they have a lot of old manuals there, but not the one I need! Best wishes, John

#8 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:48 AM

I will scan it, fell asleep early last night, maybe tonight.
Chris want's it and wants me to upload it to the yahoo roboscope user group.
Brian

#9 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

Ok, I have this available. It is over 20mb zipped. I have 3 under 10mb zips that I will send to anyone who needs this. This is the manual, an addenda page and the star data tables including object codes. I am also looking at getting this up on the Yahoo Roboscope group file page.
Brian

#10 John Kemp

John Kemp

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

Brian - I am EXTREMELY grateful that you taken the trouble to scan the Skysensor 2 mount manual, and such high quality scans too! I'm in the SS2K Yahoo group and if you can provide the URL of the Roboscope posting when you have done it, I'll put a brief post there quoting the link. Many thanks, John

#11 John Kemp

John Kemp

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

I'm new to this forum and wanted to rate Brian 5 stars - but the system wouldn't let me as I haven't bought anything from him!

#12 John Kemp

John Kemp

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

I'm new to this forum and wanted to rate Brian 5 stars - but the system wouldn't let me as I haven't bought anything from him! - John

#13 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

I'm new to this forum and wanted to rate Brian 5 stars - but the system wouldn't let me as I haven't bought anything from him! - John

Astromart has such a restriction, but we do not. Just plug in the date (numerals only) instead of an ad number.

#14 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:50 AM

John, you have to be a member of the group to get to the files. They are in the download section.
http://tech.groups.y...nal Sky Sensor/
Feel free to post it wherever you want.
Brian

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics