CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Need help with info on CGE-Pro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Herndon

David Herndon

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:59 AM

Hi folks, could someone who has purchased a new CGE-Pro mount help me out? I'm building a pier for my Atlas mount now....thinking that eventually I will move up to the CGE-Pro. I want to make the pier "short" enough to accomodate the CGE-Pro in the future.

Could someone measure the distance on their CGE-Pro, vertically, from where the mount attaches to the tripod (or pier) all the way up to the top of the saddle plate? I need to know how "high" the mount sits on the tripod compared to my Atlas .... as I'm sure I will need to lower my pier height and would rather do it doing construction!

I would greatly appreciate it!

Dave.

#2 LLEEGE

LLEEGE

True Blue

• Moderators

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:25 AM

Here is a link on that very subject and a solution to reducing the height.
Of course this mod will void your warranty.

#3 David Herndon

David Herndon

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

Excellent....31 inches I see. That's what I needed to know. Seems i'm not the only one making plans for this mount ;-)

Dave.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics