Photo

Info on a "Auto Track" mount

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomislav

tomislav

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:20 AM

Hello, i need Your help people!
I have a 4,5" newtonian on a GEM mount, but i foud this autotrack that is on discount for about 45$

Link to Austrian shop

Unfortunately i cant find any specs or info if it will hold my newt.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of mount?

Thanks!

#2 Doug76

Doug76

Long Achro Junkie

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:05 AM

Looks like the Celestron SLT mount, which is a Goto, but otherwise similar. Since they sell a 4.5" Newt on that mount, and Skywatcher does too, on their tracking mount (which this likely is) I'd say it will probably work.

#3 Joe Aguiar

Joe Aguiar

Vanguard

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:13 AM

but make sure it comes with the hand controller or it is not going to track anything. Also how you will mount the arm to a tripod? Do you have the matching one?Make sure it will fit yours or it might be $45 wasted if they are dicontinued.

Ohh ya that looks like the SLT celestron as well,although Skywatcher makes them now too.

Joe

#4 tomislav

tomislav

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:26 AM

The website says that it comes with with 89mm pipe clamps, field tripod and Handbox, so i guess its a package.

Ill mod the clamps to hold my newton.

Unfortunately i cant see it firsthand, because i don't live there, but ill ask my cousin to take a look and if its true, I'm guessing its a really sweet deal for the price.

#5 Doug76

Doug76

Long Achro Junkie

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

but make sure it comes with the hand controller or it is not going to track anything. Also how you will mount the arm to a tripod? Do you have the matching one?Make sure it will fit yours or it might be $45 wasted if they are discontinued.

Joe

Joe, if it's like the Orion TeleTrack was, it will mount on a 3/8-16 bolt.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics