CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vixen type dovetail on SP mount

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lalith

Lalith

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

I have a Vixen Super Polaris mount, which are designed to mount rings. Is there a simple way to modify it to mount a Vixen type dovetail bar?
One easy way I could think is to mount two small dovetail saddles on the holes for rings. But I could not find such small dovetail saddles in the market.
I am sure someone has already figured out a way. Please shere with me your ideas.

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:57 PM

Losmandy makes the parts you need. You'll want an APP adaptor plate and a VSP saddle plate. Total price $85.

#3 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

Try these vendors:

http://trapeziumtele...n-great-polaris

http://www.kendauzat.net/other.htm

#4 Lalith

Lalith

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

Thanks John ,Jim!

#5 scout72

scout72

Apollo

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

FYI on the Trapezium product:

Note: The Vixen adaptor is currently out of production. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will let you know as soon as it's available again.

Also- scopestuff sells a Losmandy to Vixen "long" adapter saddle- the mount holes happen to line up exactly with the Vixen GP holes.

Attached Files

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics