Photo

Half Hitch Mark II or Takahashi TG-LM Lapides Alt

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 mypontiac

mypontiac

Apollo

• -----

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

Hi Folks,

I just got a NP 101 and am looking for a mount for it.

I found a used Berlebach UNI 24 Tripod that I find really sweet! :grin:

Of all the mounts that I have looked at I was most impressed with the Takahashi TG-LM Lapides Alt and the Half Hitch. But the new Half Hitch is beyond my budget. :p

So yesterday I came accross an opportunity to get an older model Hafh Hitch. It is a Mark II and includes a binocular/PST bracket.

If I want the Sky Commander it will be $1,395, otherwise it will be $995 without. Not sure I really need the Sky Commander so I may opt without it. But for an extra $400 it might be worth it??? :question:

The TG-LM is $528.

I have already spent so much with the scope and tripod that I feel like I should go with the TG-LM as it looks to be a nice mount.

But I also feel that this might be a good opportunity to own a Half Hitch. Not sure that this price is any less than original cost or what they are selling for used? :question:

Please advise. ;)

Thanks,

Sean

#2 Scott99

Scott99

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

there were 2 big threads with discussion on this very topic in the last couple weeks, you might want to check the search engine

#3 mypontiac

mypontiac

Apollo

• -----

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:33 PM

Thanks!

I been using the Search Engine alot lately. :grin:

Sean

#4 swsantos

swsantos

Mariner 2

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

If you can buy the Half Hitch II for $995 and add the Sky Commander later then the $450 difference in price between the HH and Teegul is a small difference in my opinion considering its part of a telescope / mount combo that is high end.

I have always found that the most frequent buyer's remorse was not spending a little extra to get what you really want as opposed to overspending and wishing you had not. $450 into the cost of an NP-101 + Uni24 is only a little more relatively.

Just my 2 cents. Love the Half Hitch II. If you get one you will never fell like you could have done better.

Steve

#5 mypontiac

mypontiac

Apollo

• -----

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

Too late!

Charles said my post brought attention to the Mark II availability. Sold!!!

Note that I did tell him I was opting for the Teegul. ;)

I have just blew way beyond my budget. Maybe later I will go for the Mark III.

Sean

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics