CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Half Hitch Mark II or Takahashi TG-LM Lapides Alt

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 mypontiac

mypontiac

Apollo

• -----

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

Hi Folks,

I just got a NP 101 and am looking for a mount for it.

I found a used Berlebach UNI 24 Tripod that I find really sweet! :grin:

Of all the mounts that I have looked at I was most impressed with the Takahashi TG-LM Lapides Alt and the Half Hitch. But the new Half Hitch is beyond my budget. :p

So yesterday I came accross an opportunity to get an older model Hafh Hitch. It is a Mark II and includes a binocular/PST bracket.

If I want the Sky Commander it will be $1,395, otherwise it will be $995 without. Not sure I really need the Sky Commander so I may opt without it. But for an extra $400 it might be worth it??? :question:

The TG-LM is $528.

I have already spent so much with the scope and tripod that I feel like I should go with the TG-LM as it looks to be a nice mount.

But I also feel that this might be a good opportunity to own a Half Hitch. Not sure that this price is any less than original cost or what they are selling for used? :question:

Please advise. ;)

Thanks,

Sean

#2 Scott99

Scott99

Gemini

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

there were 2 big threads with discussion on this very topic in the last couple weeks, you might want to check the search engine

#3 mypontiac

mypontiac

Apollo

• -----

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:33 PM

Thanks!

I been using the Search Engine alot lately. :grin:

Sean

#4 swsantos

swsantos

Mariner 2

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

If you can buy the Half Hitch II for $995 and add the Sky Commander later then the $450 difference in price between the HH and Teegul is a small difference in my opinion considering its part of a telescope / mount combo that is high end.

I have always found that the most frequent buyer's remorse was not spending a little extra to get what you really want as opposed to overspending and wishing you had not. $450 into the cost of an NP-101 + Uni24 is only a little more relatively.

Just my 2 cents. Love the Half Hitch II. If you get one you will never fell like you could have done better.

Steve

#5 mypontiac

mypontiac

Apollo

• -----

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

Too late!

Charles said my post brought attention to the Mark II availability. Sold!!!

Note that I did tell him I was opting for the Teegul. ;)

I have just blew way beyond my budget. Maybe later I will go for the Mark III.

Sean

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics