1 reply to this topic

#1 Franky

Franky

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Europe, Slovakia

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:35 AM

Hello guys,
I am thinking about getting Baader's BP-60. I have a regular foto-tripod that I use with binoculars and small Meade ED APO 80mm.

The original bowl-type (or ball-type) foto head which is on the tripod is OK with binoculars but is useless with Meade. With this magnification it is no more possible to unlock the head and make precise moves with telescope by holding its body by hand...

So the replacement of the photo head with the BP-60 might be the answer. But... can anybody tell me how heavy it is, please? There is no place on the internet with this information :confused: The tripod has max payload of 4kg, Meade + accesories = 3,2 Kg, so there are 800g left.

And finally, does anybody know what is the diameter of the mount's base? Again, this information is nowhere on the internet. The original photo-head is 5cm wide at the base, so I think the tripod will handle 6-7 cm at most. If BP-60 is wider, I am afraid the stability might became an issue.

Thank you for your valuable help.
Wish you a beautiful days and clear nights ;)

Frank

#2 Franky

Franky

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Europe, Slovakia

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:15 AM

Hello guys,
I've just decided to move in different direction, so I am not buying BP-60 anyway. Have a nice day,

Frank.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics