•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CG-5 assistance needed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fogboundturtle

Fogboundturtle

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

I setup my CG5 for the first time last night, I polar align very roughly and I was trying to quick align so i can use the hand controller to move the mount with the hand controller.

I was able to move the mount left or right but it was impossbile to move it up and down. It just didn't respond to the up/down key. The clutch was lock on both RA and DEC.

What is wrong?

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

I setup my CG5 for the first time last night, I polar align very roughly and I was trying to quick align so i can use the hand controller to move the mount with the hand controller.

I was able to move the mount left or right but it was impossbile to move it up and down. It just didn't respond to the up/down key. The clutch was lock on both RA and DEC.

What is wrong?

By "up down" I assume you mean "declination"? If so, first make sure your declination cable is plugged in. Then try a higher slewing speed, 8 or 9 and see if that works.

#3 Fogboundturtle

Fogboundturtle

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for you help. It seems that the DEC motor is not responding. I just bought it from a shop so it's going back. They had issue when I first got it. They said a connector was loose on the board. I bet this is the same thing for the Dec motor

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics