• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fogboundturtle

Fogboundturtle

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Burnaby, BC

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

I setup my CG5 for the first time last night, I polar align very roughly and I was trying to quick align so i can use the hand controller to move the mount with the hand controller.

I was able to move the mount left or right but it was impossbile to move it up and down. It just didn't respond to the up/down key. The clutch was lock on both RA and DEC.

What is wrong?

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

I setup my CG5 for the first time last night, I polar align very roughly and I was trying to quick align so i can use the hand controller to move the mount with the hand controller.

I was able to move the mount left or right but it was impossbile to move it up and down. It just didn't respond to the up/down key. The clutch was lock on both RA and DEC.

What is wrong?

By "up down" I assume you mean "declination"? If so, first make sure your declination cable is plugged in. Then try a higher slewing speed, 8 or 9 and see if that works.

#3 Fogboundturtle

Fogboundturtle

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Burnaby, BC

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for you help. It seems that the DEC motor is not responding. I just bought it from a shop so it's going back. They had issue when I first got it. They said a connector was loose on the board. I bet this is the same thing for the Dec motor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics