CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New CGE Arrives! Questions...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#26 Bowmoreman

Bowmoreman

Clear enough skies

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

The CGE has a manual? :grin:

Huh?

Maybe YOURS is still in the backseat of your car?

I KNOW it was in the box! :lol:

Seriously, though, it's not nearly as comprehensive as it COULD be (like most Astro gear I'm finding!)...

If you think the CGE manual is "sparse" wait'll you see the MI-250 Manual... it's Uber-sparse, though it does come with it's own dedicated 3 ring binder with a COLOR slip in cover! :lol:

clear enough skies!

#27 jrbarnett

jrbarnett

Eyepiece Hooligan

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

I ordered it from OPT and it shipped from stock. Per OPT, no more are being made by Celestron (though I know that conflicts with what some have posted here or been told). I received it 3-days after placing the order. That didn't worry me as the 2-year warranty applies and there are so many GCEs out there, purchasing one for cannibalization ten years from now likely won't pose a problem.

I'm clouded over here and likely won't get a first light opportunity until next week unfortunately. I'll take some pictures when I have it loaded with an OTA for first light.

Regards,

Jim

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics