another G11 question...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 GShaffer

GShaffer

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Bogart, Ga USA

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

Admittedly both the Gemini and the clutches take getting used to but once you do.......Just about everything else pales in comparision at least in its price range and below.....and against more than few that cost more.

That Gladious is is a neat looking contraption......

Greg

#27 revans

revans

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Fitchburg, MA

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:33 AM

Hi all,

OK... after a week of good seeing (we had 5 weeks of rain) I can officially certify that the Losmandy G11 Gemini mount is just fine. I have nothing to complain about. It just took some practice... about 2 imaging sessions... to get used to using it. By the third night it was acting like an old friend... but on the first night it was pure hell...(but only because of my lack of familiarity with it).
Rick

#28 GShaffer

GShaffer

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Bogart, Ga USA

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:42 AM

Seeeeeeeeeeeeee we told ya :)

Hi all,

OK... after a week of good seeing (we had 5 weeks of rain) I can officially certify that the Losmandy G11 Gemini mount is just fine. I have nothing to complain about. It just took some practice... about 2 imaging sessions... to get used to using it. By the third night it was acting like an old friend... but on the first night it was pure hell...(but only because of my lack of familiarity with it).
Rick

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics