CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Desert Sky Astro rings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 bpeterson

bpeterson

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

I'm looking at rings for a 10" reflector. Has anyone had experience with rings from here:
http://www.desertskyastro.com

I had thought I'd get rings from Parallax, but this other site has them for a bit less, plus I think they look nicer. But, of course, if they flop all over the place, none of that matters!
:help:

Thanks.

Brian
www.pbase.com/bkpeterson

#2 GShaffer

GShaffer

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

I cant speak for the rings.....but I do have one of their dual saddle alt-az mounts and it is a quality product.....if that helps you.

CS
Greg

#3 AZStarGuy

AZStarGuy

Apollo

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

Raul is local. I've met him in person. He's about as stand-up a guy as you'd ever want to meet. I also have the dual alt/az mount from him. Fit & finish is excellent. He makes the parts because he likes to. I would not hesitate to order rings from him. Just my 2 cents...

Here's a pic of the mount:

Attached Files

#4 AZStarGuy

AZStarGuy

Apollo

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:50 PM

Nice quality. He manufactures everything himself including doing the powder coating.

Attached Files

#5 drexelpbp

drexelpbp

Ranger 4

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but the Rings page on their web says "Under Construction"?

#6 bpeterson

bpeterson

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

Yep, I gather the rings might be a more recent offering; that's partly why I wondered if anyone had tried them. I had seen an online ad from him, and asked about the rings.

Brian

#7 kolsen

kolsen

Explorer 1

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

I recently bought the DSV-1 mount and it's great quality at a great price. I'd assume the rings would also be of the same quality.

#8 LateViewer

LateViewer

Apollo

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

Thumbs up for Raul.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics