Photo

ADM Products?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 John Kocijanski

John Kocijanski

Surveyor 1

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:42 PM

Anyone out there own anything by ADM? If so what do you think? I am considering a saddle from them.

#2 scopeman

scopeman

Lift Off

• Loc: California

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

Hi John,
I bought a Vixen to Losmandy D saddle for my LX75 mount from them. Very nice unit, fast shipping too. I'm very happy with it.
Clear Skies,
Barry

#3 dvb

dvb

different Syndrome.

• Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

Absolutely first rate products, and excellent service and support.

Only criticism is I found the website a bit confusing, so I bought the Losmandy saddle + Vixen adapter, instead of the Losmandy/Vixen combo.

#4 tidroplane

tidroplane

Apollo

• Loc: Everett, Wa. USA

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:15 PM

I have several pieces from ADM, top notch hardware.

#5 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

• Administrators
  • Loc: Mandeville, LA USA

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

Top shelf goodies!!

David

#6 skyguy55

skyguy55

Mariner 2

• Loc: Vancouver Canada (Rain Forest)

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hi There,

Anthony, the owner of ADM, will jump through hoops to get you what you need and get it delivered ASAP. I too found the web site a bit confusing as I was quite new to the hobby and wasn't clear on the terminology. I just emailed him, told him what I had and what I wanted to do and then he got back to me as to what parts to order. Everything worked out just great. I don't think you will have any problems.

Gregg

#7 GShaffer

GShaffer

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Bogart, Ga USA

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

ADM is as good as any and better than most.....The owner of ADM can be described in the same terms too.....

#8 Doug6952

Doug6952

Apollo

• Loc: West Milford, NJ

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

Great stuff! I have the CGEM dual saddle from ADM and the owner made up a side by side with losmandy plate and vixen saddles for me. I also have the CGEM knobs as well.

#9 Steve Fisher

Steve Fisher

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Utah

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

I had Anthony make me a custom Losmandy style D plate. 36" long for my soon to arrive 8" f/12 D&G.

It is a piece of art. Reasonably priced and very prompt delivery.

None better than ADM if you ask me.

#10 7331Peg

7331Peg

Sirius Observer

• Loc: North coast of Oregon

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:20 AM

Anthony is great to work with. If the website is a problem for you, email works well, or call him (not sure if his number is on the website, but it will be on his e-mail reply). I've talked to him a couple of times and he's a real pleasure to work with. He will literally jump through hoops to get you what you want if you need one of his products modified. ... and his stuff is absolutely top quality. The shipping is very reasonable also.

John

#11 Time on my hands

Time on my hands

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Central Oregon

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:05 AM

If I counted correctly, I have five pieces from ADM and I can fully support everything said here so far.

#12 nik hodges

nik hodges

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: UK

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:48 AM

another thumbs up here: great products super nice guy to do business with

#13 John Kocijanski

John Kocijanski

Surveyor 1

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like he has another customer. :)

#14 Teal'c

Teal'c

Indeed

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:58 AM

I use the ADM dual saddle on one side of my Giro 3 and an AP saddle on the other. Both are excellent, but I find that the AP is a little more refined.

#15 payner

payner

Viking 1

• Loc: Bluegrass Region, Kentucky

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

I have the ADM Vixen to Losmanday adapter and a dovetail plate. Anthony's products are first-class and he is as well. I received a DP that would not work recently from him and he did not have the one needed. He told me what I was planning on going with was the correct item, and refunded my purchase price before I had time to mail it the next day. Very refreshing customer service and will buy from him whenever he has what I need.

Randy

#16 chollman

chollman

Mariner 2

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

I have the ADM dual saddle on my CGEM. Very nice! I also purchased a 15" plate for my 8" F/8 newt. The plate is excellent, 5/8" thick and holds my rings perfectly. Could not be happier. The only gripe is that the saddle knobs had too thick of a nylon washer, causing the saddle to come apart when backing out. This was fixed easily with thinner washers, which I already had...Charlie

#17 mtb.daily

mtb.daily

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

John,

you won't go wrong getting ADM parts...

There great!.

-Jerry

#18 DanB

DanB

No Capos Allowed

• -----
  • Loc: Central Oregon High Desert

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:17 PM

I have ADM dual saddle and dovetails. Anthony was always responsive and really helpful concerning my new hobby at the time.. Not so new and thousands of dollars later, here I am lol! And I will buy from Anthony again in a second! Dan

#19 adamsp123

adamsp123

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: welshpool mid wales UK

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:51 AM

dual saddle I have is very nicely made

#20 BillBrowning

BillBrowning

Vendor - Astrosightsaver

• Vendors
  • Loc: New York NY

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

Great products and Anthony is a great guy to deal with. He custom made a saddle plate for my old C8 and will do whatever he can to make you happy.

#21 Kenny2004

Kenny2004

Vendor - Icodome

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

Anthony/ADM is great to do business with. You'll have no worries: great products and service.

#22 Timo Kuhmonen

Timo Kuhmonen

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Espoo, Finland

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

One week ago I installed ADM Losmandy (EQG-SAD) saddle to HEQ-5. I did not yet had use it in the field. Quality of the products looks very fine. Only I needed to apply a small amount of additional lubricant to tightening knobs (now those have a better performance).

I was able to order customised versions also, DPA adapter plate without pre-drilled holes.

About DC8 rails, one attachment screw was too long for my C8 OTA. That problem was solved with metal spacers under screw....

#23 DanB

DanB

No Capos Allowed

• -----
  • Loc: Central Oregon High Desert

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

One more word for Anthony.. I got interested in mounting my eq6 on a semi-permanent concrete pier and was looking for parts... I contacted ADM. I dont have a clue how he does it all but he is now going to build a prototype adapter so that I can easily adapt my eq6 to a pier. This guy must have oodles of emails like mine and he is still quick and knowledgeable and ready to adapt. I have full confidence that I'll get a part which is useful. Also got 2 dovetails last night late, already shipped today, now you cant beat that!
Dan

#24 Doug Reilly

Doug Reilly

Viking 1

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

Anthony is a great guy, good businessman and a very solid machinist. I've used quite of a few of his excellent dovetails and saddles. We're talking about a guy who basically machined his own Losmandy G-11 "clone" to see how it worked. Anthony also spent quite a bit of time with me at Cherry Springs last year, helping me figure out how to polar align a Takahashi mount. I won't forget that kindness!

#25 varmint

varmint

I invite more abuse

• Loc: Pacifica, CA, USA

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

One more word for Anthony.. I got interested in mounting my eq6 on a semi-permanent concrete pier and was looking for parts... I contacted ADM. I dont have a clue how he does it all but he is now going to build a prototype adapter so that I can easily adapt my eq6 to a pier. This guy must have oodles of emails like mine and he is still quick and knowledgeable and ready to adapt. I have full confidence that I'll get a part which is useful. Also got 2 dovetails last night late, already shipped today, now you cant beat that!
Dan

:waytogo:

I have had nothing but excellent service with Anthony, and I've asked him for some "semi-custom" stuff as well (mainly configuration tweaks of multiple products he already sells), but have noticed he's willing to work with you on almost any mounting or machined hardware problem you have that is Astro-related, and he's very good about letting you know if he's swamped or how long these "custom" jobs might be.

Of course now that I've said that I fear he's going to become too swamped now to finish up his next project for me. :roflmao:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics