Photo

Ioptron QC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Renae Gage

Renae Gage

Apollo

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

I am looking for the smallest Ioptron mount to effectively carry my TV85. As much as I'd like the lower weight/cost of the Cube Pro, I suspect that the Mini Tower is a better fit. I've read both highly positive and highly negative reviews of these mounts. Have they improved their QC to the point where one can confidently buy one of these online?

Thanks.

#2 Al Canarelli

Al Canarelli

Gemini

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:42 AM

The Mini Tower is the way to go! Just ask yourself why so many really good dealers only carry the Mini Tower.

#3 Waduino

Waduino

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

I have a TV85 and am about to pick up a MT. I like grab 'n go and the MT should be fine for this. I've heard that the QC is much improved, which is why I'm willing to try one. I know 2 others who have them and are pleased.
Wad.
[EDIT] I would add that since you're ordering online, and probably in the US, I'd order from Trapezium since they will pretest the mount and make sure it is working to spec.

#4 coopman

coopman

Gemini

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

For some reason Trapezium has been out of stock on the MTs for nearly a month now. You might want to contact them & see what is going on.

#5 DavidNealMinnick

DavidNealMinnick

Ranger 4

• ****-

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:54 AM

Steve says his order is "on the truck". I have one on order with him, and perhaps by the time they arrive, New England will dry out (well, could always hope).

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics