CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Polaris clutch fitting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 daniel_h

daniel_h

Vanguard

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:35 AM

have purchased a vixen polaris & clutch but am unsure how to fit the two together,any suggestions welcome
thankyou

Attached Files

#2 rjsc2000

rjsc2000

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:38 PM

The bronze or yellowish part goes to the worm on the mount. It has has a small (2,5mm) screw that has to be tighten. The the motor goes on the other end. The silver part has a screw that has to be tighten so that when the motor turns it also turns the worm. Hope it helps

ricardo

#3 Littlegreenman

Littlegreenman

Gemini

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

Daniel,

Did you buy the clutches from me?

Here is a link to some manuals for the Great Polaris and Super Polaris mounts on the Company 7 Website. The Polaris is a little different, but once you get the general idea it's easy to figure out.

BTW, If you did get the clutches from me, I think I included a little Allen wrench for tightening the brass clutch piece on to the worm gear shaft.

The first two are large PDFs.

clutch installation instructions

Polaris MT-1 motor install sheet

Index of related pages

Good luck, LGM

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics