Photo

HELP ...Guiding on tak EM200

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 lernerda

lernerda

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

Ok, most of bugs on my tak em200 are worked out (just got it) BUT, as I try to set up my autoguider all hell breaks loose.

OK, my set up, laptop, stellarim with stellarium scope for goto (works great), GPUSB from shoestring astronomy, ST-4 autoguider cable.

When I plug the autoguder port in, the dec drive immediately start slewing to the west non-stop. What am I doing wrong?? (oh, this happens when no cable is hooked up to the goto port also)

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

OK, my set up, laptop, stellarim with stellarium scope for goto (works great), GPUSB from shoestring astronomy, ST-4 autoguider cable.

When I plug the autoguder port in, the dec drive immediately start slewing to the west non-stop.

Yup - that's what that setup will do, all right (except that it can't slew to the West in DEC; DEC moves North and South). You aren't using an ST-4 so you shouldn't be using an ST-4 cable. The Shoestring unit requires a different guide cable (pin 1 to pin 1) from the SBIG cable (which is pin 1 to pin 6). With a Tak mount the easy thing to do is to use the Shoestring-supplied cable with a Tak adaptor (also from Shoestring) and forget about the Tak-supplied guide cable, which is compatible only with SBIG cameras.

#3 lernerda

lernerda

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hi John, Thanks...

I was just reading on the Tak users group and found out the st-4 cable that my friend gave me along with the tak is NOT campatible with anything but the SBIG!! So just ordered the tak adapter from shoestring.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics