Photo

HELP ...Guiding on tak EM200

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 lernerda

lernerda

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

Ok, most of bugs on my tak em200 are worked out (just got it) BUT, as I try to set up my autoguider all hell breaks loose.

OK, my set up, laptop, stellarim with stellarium scope for goto (works great), GPUSB from shoestring astronomy, ST-4 autoguider cable.

When I plug the autoguder port in, the dec drive immediately start slewing to the west non-stop. What am I doing wrong?? (oh, this happens when no cable is hooked up to the goto port also)

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

OK, my set up, laptop, stellarim with stellarium scope for goto (works great), GPUSB from shoestring astronomy, ST-4 autoguider cable.

When I plug the autoguder port in, the dec drive immediately start slewing to the west non-stop.

Yup - that's what that setup will do, all right (except that it can't slew to the West in DEC; DEC moves North and South). You aren't using an ST-4 so you shouldn't be using an ST-4 cable. The Shoestring unit requires a different guide cable (pin 1 to pin 1) from the SBIG cable (which is pin 1 to pin 6). With a Tak mount the easy thing to do is to use the Shoestring-supplied cable with a Tak adaptor (also from Shoestring) and forget about the Tak-supplied guide cable, which is compatible only with SBIG cameras.

#3 lernerda

lernerda

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

Hi John, Thanks...

I was just reading on the Tak users group and found out the st-4 cable that my friend gave me along with the tak is NOT campatible with anything but the SBIG!! So just ordered the tak adapter from shoestring.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics