Photo

Autostar Keyboard lockup with use of Red Light

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eddgie

Eddgie

Voyager 1

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

Hopefully someone can help me with this. If I press the "0" button to toggle the light on my Autostar controller 5 or 6 times in succession, the keyboard will hang up. After a few minutes, the display will then go blank.

If you use the catalog between presses (toggle the light on and off 3 times, then use the catalog and move the mount), then press another three times, the presses don't cumulate past the catalog go-to.

However, if you press say 5 times, then move the mount using the motor keys (not a catalog movement) the next press will once agian lock the mount.

Is this a firmware problem that was fixed in updates?

Or is there some kind of keyboard lock or shutdown program. And if so, how do you "Unlock" the keyboard after this?

Any help would be apprecaited.

Regards.

#2 Eddgie

Eddgie

Voyager 1

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

If any of you LXD55 or LXD75 owners will be kind enought try this I would appreciate it. Please toggle your map light on and off 15 or 20 times. If you HOLD the key down, it will cycle on and off.

I would be interested to know if your handset hangs when doing this. I have two hand controllers (one has a known start-up problem where it hangs at starup) that both hang when toggling the map light. ONe of them those hangs sometimes after just 4 or 5 toggles, while the other one only hangs ever now and then.

So, if anyone would be so kind to try this and let me know if you got hangs when toggling, I would appreciate it.

Regards.

#3 BCB

BCB

Undercover Saboteur

• Loc: Look over your shoulder

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

Would you happen to know the firmware version ???

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics