• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

Belay that last, mate. Based on your prompting, I just started scrolling the Telescope option and there it was! I guess I just never looked that far before!

Cool! :jump:

Yes, there's a pretty big chunk of sky unavailable unless "pier" is selected. I think you'll enjoy not having to deal with the warnings (I know I did!).

#27 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:28 AM

I had a conversation with someone else about whether or not the LX200 used the same handset as the LXD 750, and based on that converstion, the answer was no.

I know that the "pier" setting issue is already solved, but it occurs to me that this is an opportunity to explain the handbox deal in case anyone else has questions about that. There were a few different handbox revs for the LX200 in the earliest model years. The last one issued was rev 3.21, in 1994 or so. This is NOT the firmware rev in the mount; it's a hardware handbox version that's compatible with the latest mount firmware released. It is this latest handbox version (3.21) that is used with the LXD650/750 mounts, and it is interchangeable for use with later LX200 (1994-2002) models. The feature differences between LX200 models and LXD650/750 models are due to firmware in the mounts.

#28 gnowellsct

gnowellsct

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Yes well remember that the Super Polaris can be used in alt-az mode as well as the Polaris. Few people know that the SP can be used in alt-az mode.

regards
Greg N

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics