Photo

Atlas setup GoTo alignment star issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 NewAstronomer

NewAstronomer

Soyuz

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:17 PM

Just thought I post a thread for other new Atlas users, if you are going thru initial alignment and the mount points in the exact opposite direction of where it should be going, you must use the "up" button in the lower right corner to change the + symbol to a minus symbol or vice versa for GMT offset. Using the down button in the lower left corner of the hand controller will not "save" the setting change.

This thread "saved" me tonight, first time using Atlas, or goto mount of any kind:
Atlas goto firmware issue

I got my Atlas today, downpours stopped, clear skies, but massive DEW tonight, I got the 11" SCT Atlas combo, but used my Stellarvue 70ED tonight to learn the GoTo setup/mount before attaching the Big Cat. Glad I did! The dew was the worst I've seen, my eye glasses dewed up a few times, had to let everything dry out before capping and putting away.

But in the northeast this summer, no clouds, heck no rain, is a "good" night! :)

Anyway even with that firmware bug, the Atlas, and GoTo, was awesome, big heavy mount compared to the SVP I was using, and heavier than setting up my 10" Dob, but I can see I am going to like this mount!

#2 Skylook123

Skylook123

Cosmos

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:41 AM

This behavior is fixed in firmware V3.25. Just download and install the firmware upgrade, and the down arrow bug is no longer a problem.

SynScan V3.25 Upgrade Thread

SynScan V3.25 Download

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics