• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hm02

hm02

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

Hi all!!
I am a new member and this forum and this is my first thread (so please bear with me).
I hope someone here can help out with an unexpected CGEM issue.
Here is my problem.
I just got an old Meade telescope with the Meade #1697 computer drive system and the LXD 750 equatorial Mount. I will be using this system to view terrestrial objects. In my application I need to locate/focus/follow a target that might not be stationary (due to minor-jitter) so we are developing our own tracking (with additional imaging cameras) algorithm to maintain the object in view. As you can see, for this application, the mount normal tracking of the Earth’s rotation is undesirable. The problem I have is that I have not been able to disable the tracking feature of the mount and that is a big issue for me. I have already downloaded the manual but I could not find the information on how to do it. That feature seems to be unavailable in the pad menus. I have tested the control pad in a newer mount and with that system; I can easily access the feature that I need: “telescope / align / land”. In this mode I am still able to access (manually or via software control) the motor controls to move the telescope to continuously maintain our target in place.
I have been thinking that it might be a firmware (old version) problem but I have not been able to get any information about the latest version that it was built for that system. Maybe if I get and install the latest version made for that mount the “align / land” feature would be available.

Thanks in advance for your time and any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Hector

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics