Photo

More Orion Optics UK products at APM America

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Moggi1964

Moggi1964

Vendor - Astro Laugh

• Vendors

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

We have just added a selction of the CT range of Newtonian telescopes.

Visit our website and see the specifications on these incredible scopes. Carbon tubes and 1/10PV mirrors with Hilux coatings. Further products will be added over the next few days.

Attached Files

#2 Moggi1964

Moggi1964

Vendor - Astro Laugh

• Vendors

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

The ODK (Optimized Dall-Kirkham) range is now also included on our site.

Expect other ranges to follow shortly (I am excited about the AG range and will post a link to the recent write-up on it too - BRILLIANT!).

#3 dvb

dvb

different Syndrome.

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

I'm very pleased to see you offering OO Newtonians - It would be interesting to see the tube weights for the CT series.

I would be more interested in the SPX series - a little less expensive, but still with premium optics available.

There have been some concerns expressed with the QC and customer service with OO - but not with APM! Perhaps APM could provide the extra reassurance some of us would need to buy OO.

My own interest would be in a 12"/300mm -- I understand even the SPX series is light enough to ride on an Atlas/EQ6.

#4 Moggi1964

Moggi1964

Vendor - Astro Laugh

• Vendors

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:27 PM

I recently visited the operation at Orion Optics UK and was very impressed with the management and the staff there. If you added up the years of experience across the workforce it would put many busineses to shame as far as knowledge of the products they produce and the passion for excellence.

Whatever the issues in the past (I have read anecdotal comment) I can assure you that APM America has decided to partner with OOUK only because we believe in the quality of the product and the ability of the team there to deliver.

I will be able to provide a little bit more detail on the various offerings over the next week or two (such as precise weights) and will also be adding other ranges to our website. As for the SPX series......check back in a few days, you'll be pleased :)

I can confirm that any OOUK product you buy through APM will have been QC checked by OOUK and QC checked by ME before it lands on your doorstep.

#5 Al Miller

Al Miller

Apollo

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:23 PM

I will be able to provide a little bit more detail on the various offerings over the next week or two (such as precise weights) and will also be adding other ranges to our website. As for the SPX series......check back in a few days, you'll be pleased

:jump: This is great news! It will sure be nice to have such variety in quality Newtonian OTA's available. I can't wait to see the SPX series! In addition to the OTA weights, would you please provide information about secondary obstruction?

Thanks!

#6 Moggi1964

Moggi1964

Vendor - Astro Laugh

• Vendors

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

I will do that Al; should be done on all CT by end of tomorrow. I have some other specifications to add as well.

I have begun adding the AG range and the SPX will follow soon.

I will make a separate posting when the AG is complete and when the SPX is complete.

#7 Al Miller

Al Miller

Apollo

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:00 AM

Fantastic! :drool5:

I feel you'll be seeing an order for something by me in the future.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics