EQ2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vivaelzorro

vivaelzorro

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

I don't understand how my EQ2 moun works? How to use it? Can some body explain me???

#2 vivaelzorro

vivaelzorro

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

Sorry Mount

#3 astro_baby

astro_baby

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

Ohh a tough one to explain it from scratch.

OK the EQ2 is an equatorial mount. Basically its designed to track the stars as they move around above us.

The mount has a number of controls (these are assorted levers and knobs) which adjust the way the mount points.

Basically these fal into two categoriies - Alignment controls for the mount.

Movement controls of the telescope.

The alignment controls for the mount make the mount point up and down and left and right. Their main purpose is to point the mount itself towards the pole star. The pole star doesnt move the way the other stars do - its located at a point called the North Celestial Pole - which is why its the North Star. This is the only star that doesnt move around. Its at the centre of the wheel around which all the other stars revolve.

So the EQ mount is aimed at this point.

The Telescope movement controls are called the Dec (Declination) and RA (Right Ascension) these controls move the telescope itself around the sky. The dont go up and down and left and right they go side to side - and describe a kind of X in their motion.

Once the mount is polar aligned these two control allow the scope to track any object. In fact once you have an object in the scopes eyepiece you need only turn the RA control to track the object.

I have a guide online which probably doesnt cover all of your questions but it might help with some of them - take a look at http://www.astro-bab...r_alignment.htm

It might help you. The other good reference source is the manual that comes with the EQ2. If you dont have it take a look at the Sky-Watcher website which has it available.

Hope thats of some help.

#4 vivaelzorro

vivaelzorro

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

Who can say me the link to the Sky-watcher official site!

#5 omnivorr

omnivorr

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: horsetrailer (Downunder)

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

http://www.skywatche...tinc/index2.php

#6 vivaelzorro

vivaelzorro

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:40 AM