3 replies to this topic

#1 JPG

JPG

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: LI, NY

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:37 AM

Hello,

I would like to know if AP will be possible with a c9.25 or even a C11 with hyperstar (both autoguide with a ST80), I guess that the C11 will be maybe in the upper range of the capabilities of the mount. I am also checking for either a QHY9 or a QSI583 for CCD. I would like in the case of a c9.25 to include a small refractor.

Thanks for the answer

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:41 AM

Hello,

I would like to know if AP will be possible with a c9.25 or even a C11 with hyperstar (both autoguide with a ST80), I guess that the C11 will be maybe in the upper range of the capabilities of the mount. I am also checking for either a QHY9 or a QSI583 for CCD. I would like in the case of a c9.25 to include a small refractor.

Thanks for the answer

This mount is more than capable of astrophotography with these OTAs, especially with Hyperstar. Upper range? Not at all. That doesn't mean astrophotography is easy with this mount. It isn't easy with ANY mount. :lol:

#3 JPG

JPG

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: LI, NY

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

Thank you, I like the difficulty it helps to progress. I was asking for the C11 as it could avoid to buy a refractor if using hyperstar to image large field.
With a C11 and all the gear it will be around 35lbs, isn't it to much for a mount with 40lbs of payload ?

#4 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

Thank you, I like the difficulty it helps to progress. I was asking for the C11 as it could avoid to buy a refractor if using hyperstar to image large field.
With a C11 and all the gear it will be around 35lbs, isn't it to much for a mount with 40lbs of payload ?

No. If your main focus is astrophotography, though, I would seriously consider a C8 or the new HD8...more field and less critical guiding. But the Hyperstar is pretty much an equalizer...with that guiding problems become much less.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics