Photo

Meteorite Kit from Asteroid Vesta - Limited!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • Loc: Oort Cloud 9

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

Later this week I will be offering HEDO Meteorite Type Kits. This is a specimen of every type from the HEDO group (Howardite, Eucrite, Diogenite, Olivine Diogenite), presented in a labelled Riker box that has a Vestan theme. I will have a limited number of these kits. Introductory discount price will be $50 shipped for a limited time only. This introductory offer is open to my personal mailing list and Cloudy Nights members.

Inside the kit will be four (4) generous-sized micromounts, each in their own labelled gemjar. These are not tiny specks - they are good sized pieces that are big enough to show the lithology of the type, but small enough to be affordable.

The micromounts in the kit will be -

NWA 1929 - Howardite.
NWA 2126 - Eucrite.
Tatahouine - Diogenite (and witnessed fall).
NWA 1877 - Olivine Diogenite (extremely low TKW find).

The number of kits is limited by the amount of material I have to make them. I only have a small supply of NWA 1877 and NWA 1929. There is less than 325 grams of NWA 1877 on the entire planet and only a fraction of that is on the open market. NWA 1877 and all olivine diogenites are many times more scarce than Lunar or Martian meteorites. NWA 1929 is a low-TKW Howardite (less than one kilo in existence), and Howardites are never cheap. I just can't afford to stock up on these exotic types - so I anticipate there will be about 10-12 of these kits available.

The Riker box case will have a Vesta theme and a data label about the contents.

Contact me to reserve a kit now - no payment is required until I have the kits ready to ship. They will be ready later this week, before the weekend. :)

Email me at - meteoritemike@gmail.com

Or PM me here on CN.

Thanks for looking and clear skies!

MikeG

#2 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • Loc: Oort Cloud 9

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

The Asteroid Vesta kits are here! :yay:

See the Cloudy Nights Classified ad at this link ---> Asteroid Vesta Kits here!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics