• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ISTAR Optical

ISTAR Optical

Vendor- IStar Optical

• Vendors
  • Loc: Page, Arizona

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

I am flying back to Europe on September 15th so just remind me about the exact weight of the 152mm 4-element ED SUPER APO lens and I will post it. Actually we will offer this info with each of our new lenses. Also.. regarding the baffles, someone asked me. Yes we CNC machine EVEN the baffles. The reason for this is simple. We have recently introduced a new style of baffles and the shape requires precision machining. They are bi-concave with stepped groves (a different pattern on each baffle) to provide for better elimination of stay light. It actually creates sort of a light trap. Even though this ads weight to the telescope (about one pound on the 8 inch scope) we think it is well worth it. Again, something different in order to created a better working scope for amateur astronomers....Be well guys... (I have attached photo of one of the 210 Achromatic scope prototypes... as you can see we have even machined a very fine threads on the inside to further eliminate stay light. This ads on cost tremendously but we are still competitive).

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics