CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky Watcher EQ5 Pro Goto GEM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 rtomw77

rtomw77

Apollo

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

Astronomics has the Sky-Watcher 100ED-EQ5P 100mm f/9 apo goto refractor on sale, and it is tempting.
link

The folks in the Refractor forum seem to think the optics are good for a budget apo at the discounted price.

Has anyone used this mount for the same or similar scope?

How good is the: goto accuracy? stability? focuser? Any likes or dislikes? Anything else to be concerned about?

This would be for visual use only. I have never had a refractor.

Thanks,

Tom

#2 ozzy9039

ozzy9039

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

You may want to take a look at this post: EQ5 Mount I was asking a similiar question about the mount. Hope this helps.

#3 rtomw77

rtomw77

Apollo

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for reminding me of your thread. I was wondering how it would handle the longer refractor OTA.

Tom

#4 BKBrown

BKBrown

Soyuz

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

I just ordered one the other day and it's due here on Thursday. Folks have been raving about this being a sweet deal and being a refractor guy from way back I couldn't resist. I'm just getting back in the saddle after 30 years away and am looking forward to trying the new scope out (weather permitting). I'll post a First Light, probably over on the refractor thread. Very Best Regards, BB.

#5 rtomw77

rtomw77

Apollo

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:21 AM

Thanks BB. I am looking forward to your review.

Tom

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics