• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ukcanuck

ukcanuck

Vendor (Skylight Telescopes)

• Vendors
  • Loc: London, UK

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

Hi folks, I'm currently designing a pier head for a G-11 and need to replicate the mounting collar. Can anyone please let me know how deep the the G-11 mount head sinks into its' mounting collar where it's screwed into place? :question:

Exact measurements not required, a simple 'no more than xx' figure would be much appreciated. Just to make sure I allow enough depth to allow the 3 screws to seat properly.

Thanks in advance.

#2 blueman

blueman

Photon Catcher

• Loc: California

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

The mount head goes in the tripod just about 1" and the recess for it is 1 1/16" to the step in the tripod itself.
Blueman

#3 rsbfoto

rsbfoto

Messenger

• -----

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hi folks, I'm currently designing a pier head for a G-11 and need to replicate the mounting collar. Can anyone please let me know how deep the the G-11 mount head sinks into its' mounting collar where it's screwed into place? :question:

Exact measurements not required, a simple 'no more than xx' figure would be much appreciated. Just to make sure I allow enough depth to allow the 3 screws to seat properly.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Is it really worth doing it when a MA adapter costs about US $ 100.00 ? + shipping from USA to UK ...

Here you can see a MA adapter made by Losmandy the black pot on top

#4 blueman

blueman

Photon Catcher

• Loc: California

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

HI,
When I did my pier, I just used one of the Losmandy units. It bolted right to the top of the pier and works very nicely, easy and quick.
Blueman

Attached Files

#5 ukcanuck

ukcanuck

Vendor (Skylight Telescopes)

• Vendors
  • Loc: London, UK

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:47 PM

Thank you for the replies. :cool:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics