CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Babbage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

The hour of sketching was long because I had to erase parts of the crater and restart several sections. Linda was too tired to sketch, but enjoyed the time since I was able to sketch from the living room. Part of the joy of astro-video is that I can set up outside (it was chilly 50 degrees) but run the video-out from the setup to an HDTV inside. Other than correcting the scene position every so often, I could sketch from inside.

Babbage Sketch

#2 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

Roland,

Beautifully done. :bow: I watched this one through a full lunation before I sketched it earlier this year. You chose a great time for your drawing. At its northern latitude the terminator does not move so fast as I am sure you already know, so the sketch can be completed in a very relaxed mode.
This is a fine crater in the early sunlight as you so aptly have demonstrated.:waytogo:

Frank :)

#3 kraterkid

kraterkid

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

Great job bagging Babbage Roland! :bow: I know the feeling of having to erase a couple of times before being able to get started. Wonderful work.

#4 perfessor

perfessor

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

Very nice Roland, I always enjoy your efforts.

#5 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

Thank you for the comments. We have a real cool spell here in Virginia, so the late evenings have been wet and chilly, but the "seeing" is decent.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics