Photo

Babbage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

The hour of sketching was long because I had to erase parts of the crater and restart several sections. Linda was too tired to sketch, but enjoyed the time since I was able to sketch from the living room. Part of the joy of astro-video is that I can set up outside (it was chilly 50 degrees) but run the video-out from the setup to an HDTV inside. Other than correcting the scene position every so often, I could sketch from inside.

Babbage Sketch

#2 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

Roland,

Beautifully done. :bow: I watched this one through a full lunation before I sketched it earlier this year. You chose a great time for your drawing. At its northern latitude the terminator does not move so fast as I am sure you already know, so the sketch can be completed in a very relaxed mode.
This is a fine crater in the early sunlight as you so aptly have demonstrated.:waytogo:

Frank :)

#3 kraterkid

kraterkid

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

Great job bagging Babbage Roland! :bow: I know the feeling of having to erase a couple of times before being able to get started. Wonderful work.

#4 perfessor

perfessor

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

Very nice Roland, I always enjoy your efforts.

#5 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

Thank you for the comments. We have a real cool spell here in Virginia, so the late evenings have been wet and chilly, but the "seeing" is decent.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics