28 replies to this topic

#26 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Portland Oregon

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:11 PM

matman

I would agree with all others here. Although I produced these two comparisons to show light pollution effects, they would suffice as examples to show, say a difference between a 60mm refractor and 10 inch Dobsonain. -M
www.markseibold.com
M42

#27 John K

John K

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Vernon BC Canada

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

Matman You have captured a perfect example of what a dark site can offer,and made me realize how much I wish I were there.It is a real treat to be there with the whole universe at your eye and nothing to stop you but the aperture of your instrument.(And the weather of coarse) :smirk:

#28 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

• Loc: Illinois

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:41 AM

This is becoming a collection of great sketches from some of the best deep sky sketchers alive today.

Frank :)

#29 matman-1

matman-1

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Northern Sweden

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

Haven’t logged on for a while but I rely happy to see all your answers. JakeSaloranta amazing sketches, really happy to see comparison between 3 inch refractor and bigger reflector.
John K, nice pic with your 15 inch. and thanks for all the other posts aswell. Ive never looked at space with anything bigger than my four inch achro, but really looking forward to see at some messier object with 8 inch or bigger from a dark site in the future. man this is a great hobby!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics