•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Recommendation for ALt-Az mount/tripod for C6R

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 OMNICELL

OMNICELL

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

Strangely enough.. I looked , and I haven't asked this question here in the " Mount" section.. SO I will ask it..

Im looking for another experience then dragging out a battery with my CG5 GO-TO Mount... and pushing the buttons to go back and fourth.. Up and down.. with my 6inch refractor....

Im looking for feedback on different solutions.. I will be looking at everything...

Im not going to use it every night,, I have the Orion 100mm shortube Refractor for that...

So Im looking at your experience , and what has worked for you....

Im more interested in an ALt Az situation tho....

Thanks

#2 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Could do what I did with my CG-5 tripod and add on a SVP extension and Giro 3 with counterweight bar. Adds comfortable height and no wires required unless you add DSC's. ;)

Another one to consider is a UA Unistar alt/az mount on a heavy duty surveyor's tripod.

http://www.universal...otogallery.html

Attached Files

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics