• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Bartow FL.

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

My wife and I are lucky enough to have his and hers rooms. So I wanted a mural in my mancave. Had to clear it with the boss,she said "It's your room". So this is what it ended as M31,32,and 110. It was done with interior and exterior house paint acrylic & watercolors. Rollers, paintbrushes,a rag and a toothbrush. Thinking of doing M 42 on another wall. Can you tell where the window is? Ha ha.

Attached Files

#2 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

• Loc: Utah

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

WOW!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: That is just incredible and awesome. Thanks for sharing this, your lucky. Perhaps when my two teens finally leave home in 10 years if I am so lucky I can make a man cave.

#3 Dr Morbius

Dr Morbius

Soyuz

• Loc: ManorvilleNY-but not for long

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

Shannon, can you take a bigger, clearer shot of that mural? I think some of us would like to see it better. :photo:

#4 CarlosEH

CarlosEH

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Pembroke Pines, Broward County, Florida

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:23 PM

Shannon,

That is an impressive mancave and mural. I hope that you get to enjoy it much in the future.

Carlos

#5 ladip63

ladip63

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: the dark skies of Texas

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

That is a great mural Shannon.
Enjoy!!!
Lynn

#6 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:25 AM

Thanks everyone. I've tried to make my pics bigger but they always get rejected. I keep scaling them down until they are accepted. Too many bytes. What do you guys do to get bigger pictures? :shrug:

#7 GlennLeDrew

GlennLeDrew

Voyager 1

• Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

Don't be afraid to apply somewhat aggressive JPEG compresion. An otherwise large pixel count image can be remarkably small on the byte count. If you don't use a paint program (e.g., Paintshop Pro, Photoshop, etc.), there are free downloadable utilities which allow you to compress images. But you may already be halfway there. Check into whatever software you're currently using and see if you have the option of selecting the file size (degree of compression) when saving in JPG format....

#8 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

Thanks Glenn. I'll play around with it.

#9 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Portland Oregon

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:58 AM

Shannon

That is a beautiful work of art! :bow: :bow: :bow: I would like to see it larger. I don't believe you mentioned what photo program you are using. If Photopshop you simply click under FILE - Drop Down Menu to 'Save For Web'. In that screen you may adjust file size and screen dimensions till your hearts content.

I look forward to seeing a larger version soon; you may have given me an idea for a mural here in the land of starving artists in Portland Oregon!

Thanks for sharing this,

Mark
www.markseibold.com

#10 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:32 AM

Thanks Mark. I'll try it. I do use Photoshop. We're all hungry. :penny: :penny: :penny:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics