• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Portland Oregon

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:10 AM

Well this is a diversion in retrograde perhaps, as I assembled more of the old images with the new photographed images that I discover accidentally produce stereo. Original sketch is on 19" X 24" Canson black pastel paper. Although this one originally showed in Spaceweather.com December 13th ~ 14th 2006 when Sunspot 930 was emitting a flare; In the online version for Spaceweather, I originally cleaned up the surface smudging; this time I left it with all the imperfections and blemishes >

http://www.spaceweat...=2006&view=view

I had not finished it till later so there is a definate change in the foreground [abstract rendition of the flare.] The actual solar disc was sketched as accurate to its appearance in my Solar Max 40mm. *New image on left, old on right. -Mark

Posted Image

#2 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

• Loc: Illinois

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:08 PM

Mark,

Both look great and they fuse together very well. :cool: :bow: :rainbow:

Frank :)

#3 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

• Loc: Utah

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

Mark,

Both are fabulous yet I can see the greater definition in the new one. I'm enjoying your compare and contrasts!

#4 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:06 PM

Thanks Frank and Jay

I was not too sure about this one but glad that you enjoyed it.

There will be many more images coming. I hope that all here can stand my old reruns like Turner Broadcasting Colorized Movies . . .? :foreheadslap: :question: :roflmao: :tonofbricks:

Mark

#5 CarlosEH

CarlosEH

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Pembroke Pines, Broward County, Florida

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

Mark,

Excellent solar surface observations, both the old and new. The Sun appears to shine in the images. Thank you for sharing these images with us all.

Carlos

#6 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

Thanks Carlos

This was one of the older sketches, back then when it was questionable that I display them here in the sketch forum due to the art of the hand involved. I have since then removed the hand, so to speak. (;

I might try to also render some future whole discs in solar observing using a stereo 3-D technique now that I have discovered this.

Mark

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics