Photo

Moon Landscape With Details- New Photo of Pastel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:57 AM

Posted Image

This was originally produced on June 2 2009 on black Stonehenge pastel paper in 22" X 30" format. It has been re-photographed and although behind glass, some reflections did occur, we took measures to avoid the reflections as much as possible.

A comparison to the older image side-by-side with new [below] may create a 3~D stereo image if desired.

Mark

#2 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:01 AM

Posted Image

New image on left [re-photographed]; old image on right, the two viewed with the 3~D method may render some stereo perspective effects. -Mark

#3 deister

deister

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:42 AM

Hi Mark,

you are showing us finest details in this scetch. respect.
The old image on the right shows more details.

Note: in germany you can find special glas for framing masterpieces. The glas surface is special coated and eleminates uv-light. But this glas is very very expensive.

Clear skies

#4 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:58 AM

Since the new photos show more detail up close and some increased color as I rendered in this particular sketch, especially in the foreground shadows, some dark blue-grey, I clipped an enlarged area and inset yet a larger detailed area of Sinus Iridum and a surface area of the central mare region up close for your inspection. -Mark
Posted Image

#5 deister

deister

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:28 AM

WOW!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Nice to hear also a comment from ALAN BEAN or CHARLES DUKE.
This two graet guys have also well trained eyes to estimate this scenery.

Clear Skies

#6 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

Thanks Paul

It would be great to see the former astronauts comment a little here. Alan Bean is an amazing accomplished oil pinting artist since he returned from the moon. There was a great interview with him on NPR about his art recently. Also an extensive New York Times article about his art was published a few months ago. >
http://www.nytimes.c...onaut.html?_r=1

I think I'll have to go to the moon before I receive the recognition that Alan Bean has achieved. I'm just a starving impressionist artist :foreheadslap: :question: :tonofbricks:

Heres the one I did for a comic relief of this syndrome, not really for the sketch forum but I placed it into the Art Forum some months ago- It's really about the captions spoken at the dialog boxes on left. . . or is it? >
Mark Does Comic Relief From the Surface of the Moon

Mark
www.markseibold.com

#7 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

Mark,

All very impressive. :bow: You have a very special talent for capturing the essence of the lunar view. :rainbow:
I think Alan Bean would find your drawing superior. :)

Frank :)

#8 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:56 AM

Thanks Frank

I have had a about 35 (or more?) sketch images re-photographed but not sure that they are doing any justice, from some of the comments. They are actually much higher resolution in the beginning, but once they are reduced to fit the CN protocols, I believe all you are seeing is a little added color. That is why I enlarged portions of this one to show the close-up details. Several have already responded with mixed reviews. A few have noted that they think the older photographed images of the sketches look sharper. I am not sure how they are coming to that conclusion.

I may post a few more but this process of uploading-tweaking to Photoshop, storage filing is beginning to fatigue me.

I would rather go out and do the current moon in a new sketch, as I am under very dark skies, but the rain forest where I stay now has a very narrow window to observe through huge tall Douglas Firs. The moon and planetary path on the ecliptic is too low for me to see them from here currently.

Mark

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics