Photo

Mancave Mural 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

Got a new camera wanted to see if this looked bigger and or better. :jump:

Attached Files

#2 kraterkid

kraterkid

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

Looks great Shannon! :D :bow: :D

#3 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

I thought it looked good the first time! Incredible, just incredible.

#4 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

Thanks Rich & Jay. My cell phone pics just didn't cut it. I could not get them any bigger :bawling:.Hope to start posting more pics. Thanks for your input.

#5 CarlosEH

CarlosEH

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

Shannon,

Your mural looks great and is the perfect centerpiece for your mancave. I hope that you are able to enjoy it.

Carlos

#6 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

Thanks Carlos. I have another white blank wall. Maybe M 42. :grin:

#7 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

Yes, Yes, Yes, M42!!!!!! or the Lagoon and the Trifed next to each other.

#8 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

Shannon,

That is one great piece of artwork. How long did it take you to complete?
If your ceiling is white you can put one there-- How about M-51.
Cool.

Frank :)

#9 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

Shannon

Thats a little bigger however it is pixelated somewhat in my screen. Can you explain what you are doing when uploading it to your computer? This is a beautiful work of art that you have rendered! :bow: :bow: :bow: so I am hoping that you'll allow us to see it in a finer resolution photo.

It should upload into a high memory file directly from your camera, like at least a TIF file that retains most of the raw memory. You can then open it in Photoshop (I believe you said earlier you have Photoshop.)

You can leave it as composed in your camera or trim it with the cutting tool ‘Rectangular dotted line square” dragged to surround the perimeter of your photo frame or trace a reduced cut area; the tool from the Tools Upper Left Tray 'Pallette' and paste it to a new frame. Now ('File', Drop down click 'New' and check size here in the info- I select at least 180 for DPI Size "or up at least a little up from 72 DPI" ) preferably at least at 180 DPI but I copy and enlarge my finer works to a memory of 300 DPI for maximum image to show details of my work in the Web (But in final reduction for CN we have to drop it to 100 KB max memory for photos so the 300 DPI resolution is really lost, unfortunately). Now you will right click-copy from the old original uploaded image and then right click-drop down menu again into 'Paste' into the new Blank frame. Then with your new image frame now, click 'File', drop down menu to 'Save For Web'. This is where it all happens for decisions to resize for the web and this is also where much in worry takes place today- Do we allow a large resolution-large frame in the computer screen in too high of memory? Will someone steal our art and print it out for resale? These are todays big decisions best left to the political world and big business.

It may take a few seconds to load at the larger original TIF file image that it still is (depending on your computers speed, maybe up to 30 seconds or more on other older computers.) Now in the new ‘Save for Web’ frame you will see your photo as huge and oversized out of the frame, that's OK, as it is all there, and you can move it around with the "Hand Drag Icon" option from the upper left tools if you want to inspect around it, and up very close. Now look at the upper right outer side frame of this Save For Web window. It will show ‘Image Size’ midway down, and under that is ‘New Size’. We are allowed up to 800 pixel measurement in CN either side of measure to a photo frame. Choose 800 for your longest side, in this case your horizontal landscape format of this work length or actually “Width” you will choose 800.

Now look up to the upper right (we are still in the same frame in Save for Web) You will see an icon for “Quality” and it shows a percentage “%” readout . At the icon just below that readout, slide the bar left or right depending on size desired gently and slowly as it is sensitive, while watching the far lower left corner readout for KB size. We are allowed 100 KB max for photo diplays in CN. I wish it were a little more because as low as 100 KB, slightly degrades the fine details in my work, especially when I reduce for my 20” X 30” works, but that’s the way it is if you do large art like I do. CN will have to be satisfied with seeing my small screen reproductions.
:bawling: :foreheadslap: :question: :tonofbricks:

Hope this helps,

Mark

You used to be big. “I am still big; it’s the pictures that got small.
- Gloria Swanson in the film Sunset Boulevard

www.markseibold.com
My CN Gallery

#10 Shannon s

Shannon s

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

Frank, It only took about 4 hours after the black background paint dried. Mark thanks for the info. I just got a new GE A735 7 meg. camera it has a lot of options so I just pointed and shot. The flash went off to. I'll work on it.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics