Photo

Solar Prominence Pastel June14 08- Improved Photo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:11 AM

Posted Image

This was probably the the most extreme example of over contrasting the original pastel image in Photoshop. Something I avoid doing any longer. The real sketch looks very close to the above new photograph. The sketch is one of a series of similar smaller solar sketches I produced in the summer of 2008 at only 9" X 12" on Strathmore Artagain tablets. Instead of using the online image overlay of the Tilting Sun Graphic, I decided to sketch it by hand. A following window shows the new image at left joined with the old at right. It may be viewed as a 3~D Stereo image.

-Mark

#2 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:15 AM

Posted Image
New Image photo on left - Old image photo on right
[ *Both are actually the same sketch on 9" X 12" Artagain paper with use of various dry pastel chalks.]

#3 CarlosEH

CarlosEH

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

Mark,

Both images (observations) are excellent but the new one better approximates your observation. I am glad that re-imaging your observations helps us to better appreciate your hard work.

Carlos

#4 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:14 PM

Mark,

I agree with Carlos and the colors are richer in the re-photo. Very nice. :bow: :cool:

Frank :)

#5 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

Mark,

I agree with Carlos and Frank that the re-photos are showing a richer color and more detail for me. Love seeing your comparisons on these.

#6 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

Carlos, Frank and Jay

Thank you for confirming what I am trying to do.
Yes, the earlier solar sketches suffered in the earlier lower resolution digital process. I felt that it was important to finally show the real details.

Now I am intrigued to see the latest solar activity again but we are mired in dark clouds and contiuous rain here in Portland.

Mark

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics