Orion Ranch Observatory

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#276 Lord Beowulf

Lord Beowulf

Apollo

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Now comes the arduous task of actually painting this beast!

:question:

After essentially building a second home, you consider painting the trim to be arduous? :bigshock:

-Dan

I just hate the messy stuff! :lol: It's really just one of those piddly painstaking tasks that takes a lot of time and effort to get right, especially when you're having to work around the weather, etc. While I'm not about to complain about the much needed rains, I've been rained out or threatened out just about every weekend I've been trying to finish painting!

Beo

#277 Mary B

Mary B

Vendor - Echo Astronomy and Electronics

• Vendors
  • Loc: Minnesota

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

I hate painting, ranks right up there with having a tooth pulled. Rather do the construction! Looking good and to improve your grounding add another rod ~12 feet away and tie it to the first.

#278 Lord Beowulf

Lord Beowulf

Apollo

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

I hate painting, ranks right up there with having a tooth pulled. Rather do the construction! Looking good and to improve your grounding add another rod ~12 feet away and tie it to the first.

Once I attach the ground rod to the mains, it will have the second ground connection under the slab. I'm a bit nervous about the idea of connecting a potential lightning strike back to the power ground, but apparently that's normally done to code.

Beo

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics