CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 1647 and DODZ1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 rerun

rerun

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

Hallo,

on saturday night it was clear and so I went out to observe.It was very cold -11,7 °C and skethcing wasn't easy.Here are two of my sketches.

First NGC 1647 in Taurus.

Posted Image

And DoDz1 near by Pi Ari.Dolidze-Dzimselejsvili is a short list of 11 objects.I try to view them all.

Posted Image

CS

Markus

#2 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:31 PM

Markus,

These sketches of the two open clusters are gems. It seems this time of year you get a clear night paired with a frigid temperature. When it is warmer it is cloudy.Nice sketching. :bow: :bow:

Frank :)

#3 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

Markus,

Wonderful captures! Are you using black paper with a white pencil on these or inverting them? I like the affect either way and is why I am asking.

#4 rerun

rerun

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

Hallo Frank,

thank you ,nice to hear you like these sketches.Your are right ,now it is much warmer here but cloudy.

Hallo Jay,

yes I use black paper and white pencil,for me it looks better and because I collect these sketches in an album of mine.So on cloudy nights like today I can go through this old sketches.

greetings from Germany

CS

Markus

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics