• Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

Cover Your Astro Portable Observatory

#2 walrus

walrus

Lift Off

• Loc: Splendora, Texas

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:29 AM

I’m the author of a recent review called “Cover Your Astro Portable Observatory”. Unknowingly the server ‘Geocities’ for the website ‘www.CoverYourAstro.com’ and purchasing plans for this portable observatory shut down a few months back. I’ve recently had several individuals contact me for the plans because the site no longer exists. There are probably many more that just didn’t go to the trouble contacting me after running across this issue. I do have a new link to where the website has moved, it is:

http://www.oocities....a01/buildit.htm

Best Regards,
Rusty

#3 issdaol

issdaol

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

Hi mate, I tried to locate the plans for this. All the websites no longer have them. Would appreciate if you are able to message or email them

Cheers

#4 evhap

evhap

Sputnik

• Loc: California

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

Rusty: I'll second issdaol's comment. The "new" web site (http://www.oocities....a01/buildit.htm) you give is listed as "antiquarian," and the e-mail address doesn't work. Is there any way you could provide the plans and directions? Thanks.

Evan

#5 Adaven

Adaven

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Northern Nevada

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

I have also verified that the oocities.com website is just a partial copy of the old GeoCities one. The email address just bounces back to me as unavailable.

Since the plans are no longer available, I will try reverse-engineering from the pictures I've found of it on the internet and from Rusty's great review here on this site.

#6 tejasdragon

tejasdragon

Messenger

• Loc: Garland, Texas

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

Why not have a look here
Try This

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics