Photo

Auriga M36 and M38

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 cpl43uk

cpl43uk

Messenger

• -----

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

Here are a couple of Messiers in Auriga. The observations were my coldest yet - Britain seems to have it's own ice age going on at the moment - but I guess the upside was some clearer nights. Funny how cold can accenuate the drawing process!

On a posting question. How do you attach two images to a post?

Attached Files

#2 Franklink

Franklink

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

Very good sketch!

Presents an extremely realistic view...well done!

#3 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:20 AM

Chris,

Very well sketched, it looks great! :bow:

Frank :)

#4 cildarith

cildarith

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:31 AM

Very nice sketch, Chris! It is a real pleasure to see your growing catalog of observations. Keep up the good work!

You can only include 1 attachment per posting. The easiest thing to do is simply to reply to your original post with the second sketch. Those who have placed multiple images in the same post box are hosting their images elsewhere and inserting the url between [image][/image] tags. The downside to this is that if the host site has a change of address or the pics are removed from the host site, we at Cloudynights are left with little red X's instead of images...

Since you have uploaded your sketches to Cloudynights, you can insert the images, thusly:

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

To retrieve the correct url for the image go to the image in the gallery, right-click on the image and select 'Properties' and you should see the address. Copy this and paste between the [image][/image] tags and you're good to go. If you should decide to remove these images from the gallery, we will - again - be left with those pesky little red X's

Also remember to observe the 800x800 pixel limit when linking from the gallery or other sites out of courtesy to those of us without widescreen monitors, those who have dial-up connections, and other relics of the past...

#5 Jef De Wit

Jef De Wit

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

Chris

That are quite impressive sketches. Thanks for supporting the cold.

But I see two little lines in both sketches left from the centre. Most visible in M38. Did you discover a comet?

#6 cpl43uk

cpl43uk

Messenger

• -----

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

Eric: Many thanks!!!

Jef: Good spot and I wish I had, but on the originals the M36 is a set of three small close stars at low mag. On my sketch in the field for M38 I refer to the mark as a faint smudge with two/three pinpricks and so I blurred the stars.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics