CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vixen Build 2.1 on SXD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 t.r.

t.r.

Aurora

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Anyone using the 2.1 ver released Dec. '09 on an SXD mount? Does it "smooth" out the drive issues( noise, jitters, runaway) on this mount? I'm considering a used one...thanks.

#2 Tim

Tim

Messenger

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

I upgraded my controller, but have only used it in the house.. the weather hasnt been great..

I have never experienced "runaway" I did notice that the mount made some clicking sort of noises that you might call jitters. some of the time.

I rebalanced the mount a little more carefully and tried it again and no sound..other than the usual hum..

I think that this mount and perhaps all eq mounts are more sensitive to balance than I would have originally thought..

If your getting it used then I wouldnt hesitate in buying it.. if you dont like it then you will proabably be able to sell it again for what you paid..

When I sell my mount and thats only if I ever do I will get a Tak next. To me quality is worth the extra dollars.

The vixen is nicely built and very portable pleasure to use. I think that all the negative hype about the star book is overated..

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics