Photo

Vixen Build 2.1 on SXD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 t.r.

t.r.

Aurora

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Anyone using the 2.1 ver released Dec. '09 on an SXD mount? Does it "smooth" out the drive issues( noise, jitters, runaway) on this mount? I'm considering a used one...thanks.

#2 Tim

Tim

Messenger

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

I upgraded my controller, but have only used it in the house.. the weather hasnt been great..

I have never experienced "runaway" I did notice that the mount made some clicking sort of noises that you might call jitters. some of the time.

I rebalanced the mount a little more carefully and tried it again and no sound..other than the usual hum..

I think that this mount and perhaps all eq mounts are more sensitive to balance than I would have originally thought..

If your getting it used then I wouldnt hesitate in buying it.. if you dont like it then you will proabably be able to sell it again for what you paid..

When I sell my mount and thats only if I ever do I will get a Tak next. To me quality is worth the extra dollars.

The vixen is nicely built and very portable pleasure to use. I think that all the negative hype about the star book is overated..

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics