Photo

Photoshop hints?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 mandotrout

mandotrout

Ranger 4

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:57 AM

Can anybody tell me how, or direct me to an online tutorial, to create a template in PS for my sketches that includes a perfect circle for the sketch and a place for entering text to describe the object, equipment, conditions, etc.: something similar to what I see on so many of the great sketches on this forum. I'm not having any luck figuring it out on my own.

Thanks,

Jeff

#2 BillP

BillP

Voyager 1

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:22 PM

I don't know if there is a tutorial some place, but basically each item is a layer and each layer you manipulate independently. So in my template there is a layer for the sketch, then a back bacground layer, then a black mask layer with a central portion that has a perfectly round hole to view the sketch thru in case it was not perfectly round when I sketched it, and seperate layers for each segment of text, like the header, footer, etc. So you need to have the layers window showing - it's in the pull down menu where the Show Brushes is. They whatever layer is hilighted is what you will be modifying when working. If you want, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you my Photoshop template so you can use, modify, or experiment with.

Attached Files

#3 mandotrout

mandotrout

Ranger 4

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

Thanks Bill, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll send you a PM.

Jeff

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics