• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chuckscap

chuckscap

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

Hi, has anyone on this group done a custom Gemini installation? Is it something that is easily done or does it need to be sent to Losmandy? I just bought a Parallax HD 150 mount, I'm having Parallax make a portable pier for it. It already has the normal (non-Gemini) Losmandy stepper motors and hand controller on it. The Parallax HD is a little heavier duty than a Titan. Here's a link to an Ad for a Parallax HD 150 that is pretty much the same as mine.

http://www.cloudynights.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=5341&sort=&cat=a\
ll&page=2

#2 Phil Cowell

Phil Cowell

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Southern Tier NY

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

It might be possible. From experience your going to be pretty much on your own. I did an upgrade to a CI-700 mount (the Gemini is still sold as an upgrade to this mount) and the help I got from Losmandy was go check the internet user groups. If your happy with that solution and working on your own go for it if, not look at the SiTech solution as they do support their end users with unusual mounts. Planewave use the Sitech on their high end mounts. There is also info there on a titan upgrade that was done recently.

All the best either way.

#3 chuckscap

chuckscap

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:32 PM

Thanks, I might just have either Joe at Parallax Instruments install it or send it to Losmandy. Scott Losmandy did reply and said that the Gemini L4 did support my particular mount.

Thanks again,

Chuck

#4 Phil Cowell

Phil Cowell

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Southern Tier NY

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Your welcome. If Joe at Parallax can install it would make life pretty easy for you.

All the best
Phil

#5 chuckscap

chuckscap

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:13 AM

I just contacted Joe, he's going to contact Losmandy about the upgrade once he goes through the mount for me.

Regards,

Chuck

#6 Markls

Markls

Vostok 1

• Loc: California

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:42 AM

P.M.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics