CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Constellation Orion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

The briefest of opportunities and a view with a terrestrial context provided a simple sketch opportunity and story. You can see either at the site below the signature. Hit the inspiration button; it's the top story on the left column...you will see the thumbnail of the constellation's center.

#2 ladip63

ladip63

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

Really Really nice Roland. :bow: Nice article too.
God bless
Lynn

#3 BillP

BillP

Voyager 1

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

Roland,

Great great story and sketch. The work you are doing is really quite special and in many ways I would say that one of those stars in the heavens will forever shine as a testament to that. :bow:

#4 CarlosEH

CarlosEH

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

Roland,

A beautiful observation of Orion the Hunter in the Winter sky. An inspirational story as well. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

Carlos

#5 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

Thank you for the comments. It was a sweet night. Just below the Orion story is one I just posted regarding a lesson learned from two lunar sketches: one at 8 power and the second at a little less than 200X. Hope you enjoy this one, too.

The vastly different lunar sketches that are possible have been a great tool in Uganda or at home as we teach drastic differences in scenes of different magnifications and conditions...yet each has unique characteristics that are worth observing.

#6 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

Roland,

Wonderful Orion sketch after the snow and fine lesson. :bow:
You connect importants things in great ways. :cool: :rainbow:

Frank :)

#7 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

Roland,

Inspirational sketch and post. You made me reflect on something I haven't done and that I enjoy to do, which is just getting out and sitting in a chair and observing the sky naked eye. Thank you for sharing this.

#8 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

Jay, I try to go outside every clear night, even if its only for a few minutes. I am terrible at finding things in the sky, so if I keep doing it, I hope to get better. But, as you said, it is a wonderful way to sketch scenes, especially with earth features for a context. Enjoy.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics